Free Study Materials, Video Lectures, Video Solutions for Various Books, Sample Papers etc. for class 11-12 and for Jee Preparation... All for FREE...


Wednesday, July 2, 2014

English: Funny



"I NEVER SAID SHE STOLE MY MONEY"
This sentence has 7 different meanings depending on the stressed word.


I never said she stole my money.
- It wasn't me who said it,could be someone else.
- I didn't utter a word that she stole my money.

I never said she stole my money.
- I know that she stole my money but I never said it.

I never said she stole my money.
- Maybe it was someone else, I never said it was her.

I never said she stole my money.
- She just threw it or burnt it or did something apart from stealing it .

I never said she stole my money.
- It was someone else's money .

I never said she stole my money.
- She could've stolen something else.

Edit: This fact is not exclusive to the English Language and is the case in almost every other language in the world. The question is not asking for unique facts, the fact stays technically correct though not exclusive.

 
Image and Information Source : This Sentence Has 7 Different MeaningsI never said she stole my money.

No comments: