Free Study Materials, Video Lectures, Video Solutions for Various Books, Sample Papers etc. for class 11-12 and for Jee Preparation... All for FREE...


Sunday, December 21, 2014

Ideas for efficient revision sessions: By an IITian

I received tonnes of requests on "How to revise ?"
Here are a few methods that are based on my own experience. Note that my strategy might completely fail for you. So it's best to discover one's own techniques when it comes to revision, which is a crucial stage in JEE preparation.
First of all, I will write about Chemistry because this is something that needs infinite revision.


Inorganic chemistry : As I have been emphasizing from the beginning, inorganic chemistry requires a lot of revision. I had my own strategy. I used to :

1.)read from books (NCERT/JD Lee/FIITJEE packages etc) 
2.)fix in my mind as much as I could in one shot
3.)maintain a diary wherein I used to mention all those facts which I didn't remember/used to forget easily
4.)revised that diary daily during the last couple of months
5.)revised the stuff of point number 2 (above) on weekends

This way, I ensured that I did not forget the things that have been covered so far.

Note : although I have mentioned JD Lee here. You can simply ignore it
Summary : re-read NCERT

Organic chemistry : towards the end of my preparation, I made a full reading of Morrison and Boyd to ensure that nothing is left from HC Verma of chemistry (Morrison Boyd is regarded as HC Verma of chemistry). I solved numerous problems to ensure that I am ready to apply the reactions on the final day.

Another important thing was that I revised all the "Key mechanisms" of LG Wade. They are the most important mechanisms and a table is given in the book that lists all the page numbers of the Key mechanisms. That table is meant for quick revision.
Summary : solve problems

Physical Chemistry : I solved the problems of RC Mukherjee (note that there are objective problems at the end of book). I regularly revised the chapter - Colloidal state

Summary : solve problems

Maths : for maths, I revised algebra from TMH. Co-ordinate geometry, Trigonometry from FIITJEE packages, Calculus from Arihant Differential and integral calculus (best pair of books for calculus) and Vectors/3-D geometry from ML Agarwal (ISC board Maths book)

Summary : solve problems

Physics : In physics, I was proficient in numericals but the thing that bowled me were the theory based questions that are frequently asked in more than one correct type problems. So I revised HC Verma fully (meaning the theory portion) and solved the objective I and II and discussed it with my teachers.

Summary : solve problems

Note that most of the summaries contain the tag - "solve problems".

Reasons : 
1.)you are applying the formulas so you are forced to recall them (this is what you'll be doing on D-day)
2.)you are practicing more and more questions
3.)your speed is increasing
4.)your accuracy is increasing
5.)your examination temperament is improving

Last piece of advice :

1.)Do not waste time after JEE main. Utilize this fully for you revision. This time is going to decide your rank. The one who wastes this time is going to be ruined on the JEE day
2.)If you JEE main doesn't go fine, don't be depressed
3.)Revise all the subjects daily - one subject per day is dangerous
4.)Keep pen and paper with you (for solving problems and not as a show piece)
5.)Practice as many problems as possible
6.)last and final one - don't be over confident. There are super stud people in every fields that are way ahead of you

All the best.


Post Originally Shared From: amangoeliitb.blogspot.in

2 comments:

  1. Sir I totally agree you. Thank you for helping us. Also please restart writing on this blog we need mentors like you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. For practice papers visit http://www.kidsfront.com/competitive-exams.html

    ReplyDelete